Step 2B: Problems and Illustration
1. Decline in quality and productivity
2. Management issues within the company
3. Customer service and social media management
4. Loyalty to the customer
5. Do we need to share with the client?
6. Will this affect our relationship with the client?
Facts and Causes:
Decline in quality and productivity
– lack of communication between management and employees
– work overload
– decrease in employee morale
– lack of delegation
Impacts and Effects:
The investigation into the Roanoke branch of the Phoenix Advertising company showed that they are currently facing problems with both management and employee relations. The management problems are significantly affecting their employee performance and work ethic.
One of their main problems is the decrease in employee morale and motivation. This was easily shown through the answers received while conducting the interviews. The employees, both new and old, showed a huge decrease in their dedication to work, which resulted in the decline of the quality of their performance by 25% and the work they produced by 35%.
The employees also associated this declination to the fact that they felt dissatisfaction with the service and the performance of their superiors. They stated that they felt stressed in their work environment which resulted in an increased rate of 18% in sick days-this was the main source of the high employee turnover rate, which saw a growth of 10%. Complaints were also made of the work load placed on the employees due to the lack of delegation and the increase in overtime by 15% with little to no compensation. Poor communication or the lack thereof, between the employees and managers is also another issue raised during the interviews.
1. Establish a clear line of communication between managers and employees to allow for a more productive workplace.
2. Revise the hiring and recruitment process in the branch to create a clear understanding of the purpose of having an employee, and allowing the managers to use them based on their skill sets.
3. Create a clearer procedural structure and requirements in future approvals of new clients and contracts, to be able to assure the capabilities of the overall company. To be able to provide a better quality product and not just pump out a higher quantity for the Roanoke branch and for the Phoenix Advertising company entirely.
4. Employees’ accomplishments should be acknowledged, while errors or failures in meeting targets should be promptly addressed.
5. Reduce the overall workload of our full-time employees by adding on more part-time workers to assist them especially during peak seasons.
The type of illustration I would use to represent the numbers related to the causes or impacts of the problems at the Roanoke branch of Phoenix Advertising is the line graph.
After applying the data gathered from the investigation carried out at the Roanoke branch to a line graph, you can clearly see where the rates begin to decline before the investigation and where it gradually begins to improve after the necessary changes were made. All of the findings can be compared over the same period of time in a clear and concise manner.