A robot is a machine used to perform certain delicate and delicate functions that a human being can not perform because of the unavailability of his presence in the place or the high precision required by these tasks. For example, a robot has been replaced by a human alternative to complex surgeries, and it is also used for the removal and dismantling of mines planted during wars and colonial periods, and is used in the search for resources In addition to its military uses, in carrying out tasks, espionage, and in industry, especially in factories dealing with delicate, sensitive and dangerous products that contain environments that are not suitable for the human nature, apart from its use in entertainment and service. It should also be noted that there is an engineering specialization called Mechatronics Engineering is looking at the development of robots and manufacturing to meet all requirements and human needs. To design a robots we need a electronic engineering and computer engineering , so the electronic engineer will make the circuit of the robots and he know which devices are available or not and computer engineer will use the hardware to run the software.
The robots have many of application can do it:
1. Outer Space Applications: Robots are playing a very important role for outward space scouting. The robotic unmanned spacecraft is used as the key of exploring the stars, planets.
The most popular robots that used to scouting the space is “Mars rovers of NASA” in 1997 the robots drive down on a Martian soil in early of July, the mission of this robots is to study and navigated the surface of the plant .
2. Health Service Surgery Operations robots are used to perform some tasks during the operation or all tasks. The hospital was approved in 2000 by the US Food and Drug Administration. Since then, many hospitals in Europe and the United States have supplied robots. The patient has many health benefits, including:
faster healing. 1.
2. Reduce pain and loss of blood during exercise.
Mitigating the effects of wounds resulting from the operation. 3.
4. Reduce the likelihood of inflammation.
3. Military Applications: Demining The robot is used in the form of an armored vehicle to remove mines, some of which may be explosive, as some of these robots pull the mine into it and then explode into an isolated environment. This robot is given commands via a remote control, and the robot, which is one example of these robots, can scan a thousand square meters per hour.
4. Intelligent Home Applications: We can monitor home safety, environmental conditions and energy usage with intelligent robotic home systems. Door and windows can be opened automatically and system such as lighting and air conditioning can be programmed to activate. This assists riding unheeding of their state of mobility.